– The opening video was sleek and dramatic as it introduced the “Aztec Warfare” match concept; basically a glorified version of the Royal Rumble with entries by wrestlers every 90 seconds, but different in that eliminations were by pinfalls and submissions and “anything goes” rules.
– Off the bat, Matt Striker and Vampiro sounds like an odd pairing for a commentary booth, but it works. Could it be better? Of course. However, Striker’s expertise – both of the subject and as a wrestler, combined with Vampiro’s in-ring experience, makes them credible to both the casuals and diehards.
– The Dario Cuerto promo was straight-forward about the match, with a heelish confidence in being the match’s mastermind. His delivery was similar to the former Alberto Del Rio in WWE.
– The match itself had action aplenty with a little bit of everything. The concept of the Pimpinela Escarlata drag queen character was definitely an eye-opener, but that’s good for a company that is making strides for being different. Women were even in the match, so gender was no factor. Katrina even took a kick to the face on the apron. The final sequence between Mundo and Puma was superb athleticism with great near falls. Konnan even showed up at the end. All in all, the match showcased many – Puma, Mundo, Ryck, Chavo and Muertes had memorable performances.
– Entries: #1 Fenix (pinned by Chavo), #2 Johnny Mundo (pinned by Puma), #3 Mr. Cisco (pinned by Mundo), #4 King Cuerno (pinned by Mundo), #5 Son Of Havoc (pinned by Puma), #6 Pimparnela Escarlata (pinned by Son Of Havoc), #7 Prince Puma (winner), #8 Ivelisse (pinned by Cuerno), #9 Drago (pinned by Big Ryck), #10 Bael (pinned by Puma), #11 Cortez Castro (pinned by Mundo), #12 Ricky Mandel (pinned by Big Ryck), #13 Big Ryck (pinned by Fenix and Chavo), #14 Pentagon Jr. (Pinned by Chavo), #15 Super Fly (pinned by Chavo), #16 Chavo Guerrero Jr. (Pinned by Sexy Star), #17 Mascarita Sagrada (pinned by Big Ryck), #18 Sexy Star (pinned by Mil Muertes), #19 El Mariachi Loco (pinned by Mil Muertes), #20 Mil Muertes (w/Katrina) (pinned by Mundo and Puma)
– Prince Puma Becomes New Lucha Underground Champion