It seems as if the internet may have bursted at the conclusion of last night’s World Title match.
In case you’re curious, three men- Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns- attacked Ryback ruthlessly, similar to Nexus’ original debut and powerbombed him through the announce table.
CM Punk picked up the scraps, retained his Title and today marks the one-year point of his reign.
Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns are all familiar to NXT viewers and how WWE will have them explain their actions should make for good television.
It’s fortunate that there was this to boil over from because besides for a few shiny spots, this was a mostly forgettable show.
By Nicholas Jason Lopez
Hell in a Cell will be best remembered as the night Ryback got screwed by the referee.
Also shockingly enough, it will be remembered for Sheamus and The Big Show.
The rest wasn’t all that special despite some quality matches.
There are only three weeks until Survivor Series (as opposed to Hell in a Cell’s six-week build), so things will pick up fast.
When Hell in a cell was said and done, it wasn’t as newsworthy as you’d expect, but some matches delivered.
By Anthony Zevoteck
I remember at age six when the dark, creepy, rat-befriending Mankind debuted in 1996 that he was “scary.”
WWE always has a knack for supplying terrifying characters to haunt our dreams, young or old.
These days, we’re seeing both the most ultimate and unique performers to scare the WWE Universe, with one group coming quickly to mind.
In spring 2013, we were introduced to The Wyatt Family, led by “The Eater of Worlds” Bray Wyatt and his “followers” – Luke Harper and Erick Rowan. The group quickly ran through the main roster, destroying the likes of Kane, Justin Gabriel, R-Truth, and 3MB, setting the world ablaze.
(Nothing) New Day
– Having no Raw highlight video to open was a nice change of pace as it went straight to the Gold and Star Dust-Los Matadores (w/El Torito) match. The insertion of Gold and Star Dust in the Royal Rumble match was also newsworthy. The match itself was okay, though short. Torito played into the finish as Goldust taunted Torito and got hurricanrana’d and swooped up in a pin.
– Anytime The Ascension’s music hits, you know it’s a squash. Pretty much a repeat of their last squash matches; they give a promo that tears down legendary tag teams, then they dominate local jobbers. More of what happened here. JBL making a big stink of why they’re not facing real competition can make you wonder if The Authority has purposely given them easy opponents to become their future henchmen?
– The highlight video of the Seth Rollins-John Cena match and the contract signing segment from Raw certainly made Rollins look like he had a brilliant night.
– The Rusev-Justin Gabriel match was more to showcase Rusev as United States Champion. JBL brought up the brilliant point of the crowd’s “USA” chants not working here. Being that Rusev has never been defeated, it was hard to believe his first loss would happen at a Main Event to Justin Gabriel. Sure enough, after about five moves of Gabriel on offense, he wound up in the Camel Clutch and tapped out. He superkicked Gabriel after the bell and jumped in celebration and slipped and fell, but quickly got back up. That so wasn’t supposed to happen. Live Stream, folks.
– The pre-taped New Day promo was more of the same “positivity” schtick as before. The match between The New Day and Tyson Kidd/Cesaro/Adam Rose (w/The Exotic Express, Natalya) had decent action for a six man tag. But this match just makes you wonder about The New Day. Why are they here? What do they want? How did they get together? The action considerably picked up once Big E got picked up for the hot tag. They were a little more over with the crowd here in probably their best outing to date. Credit had to go to their opponents too as they made it exciting.
– Los Matadores (w/El Torito) def. Gold and Star Dust via pinfall
– The Ascension def. Two Local Jobbers via pinfall
– Rusev (w/Lana) def. Justin Gabriel via submission
– The New Day def. Tyson Kidd/Cesaro/Adam Rose (w/Natalya, The Exotic Express) via pinfall