WrestleMania Season Finale
– The fatal four-way between Jimmy Uso (w/Naomi), Fernando (w/Diego, El Torito), Cesaro (w/Tyson Kidd, Natalya) and Big E (w/Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods) was obvious hype for the Tag Team Championship match at Mania, with just a piece of the action teased to the viewing audience. It was no throwaway though. Some spots like the the four-man German double Suplex spot were cool. Cesaro put on a good performance, dominating with the Swing at one point, knocking his opponents down like bowling pins, but Jimmy Uso getting the nod was telling. Perhaps Kidd/Cesaro retain?
– Good to see WWE use the publicity nod to address Brock Lesnar choosing to retire from MMA and resign with WWE. Even better to use it as further hype to the main event match, which might reel in some casual fans just to see what will happen.
– The Intercontinental Championship hype video was essential in putting over the significance of the IC Title matches as show-stealers at Mania and ladder matches at Mania itself. No focusing on the belt stealing, just on the prize and the match. If only the booking had followed that format the whole time.
– The AJ Lee-Paige-Bellas in-ring segment gave that feud the last needed shot in the arm. All the talk of labels and stereotypes wasn’t necessary, but Pai-J are a unit now, and that’s what counts headed in. The “shots” between both teams was also a nice, believable exchange.
– The John Cena/Roman Reigns/Daniel Bryan/Mark Henry-Seth Rollins (w/J & J Security)/The Big Show/Kane/Bray Wyatt match was your general entertaining main event that saw Reigns look strong (shocked?) and Bryan pick himself back up with the pinfall for his team. That’s how we finish the WrestleMania hype and fair to say, it was straight-forward. To be fair, you could’ve missed this show and nothing would’ve changed, but nothing on the show was bad.
– Fatal Four-Way – Jimmy Uso (w/Naomi, Jey Uso) def. Cesaro (w/Tyson Kidd, Natalya), Big E (w/Xavier Woods, and Fernando (w/Diego, El Torito) via pinfall
– Eight-Man Tag Match – John Cena/Roman Reigns/Daniel Bryan/Mark Henry def. Seth Rollins (w/J & J Security)/The Big Show/Kane/Bray Wyatt via pinfall