TNA Bound For Glory 2012 Reaction
By Nicholas Jason Lopez
Bound For Glory was quite the newsworthy show.
Rob Van Dam, Tara, Chavo Guerrero Jr./Hernandez and Jeff Hardy all became Champions.
Bully Ray didn’t turn on Sting. Devon turned out to be a part of Aces and Eights.
James Storm and Bobby Roode took part in an absolute all-out brawl that arguably stole the show.
There’s plenty of ways TNA can go after this show and with four Championships changing hands, a new direction seems definite.
(Aired 10/14/2012 – Originally Published on Ringside Rundown)
– Rob Van Dam isn’t enhanced by the X-Division Championship, even if his match with Zema Ion was a fast-paced, excitable bout. Perhaps Ion brings up the fact that Van Dam exceeds the weight limit of the X-Division to try to get his Belt back. Ion was over as Champion as he injured challenger after challenger. Surely, TNA had it set up for Jesse Sorrensen to take Ion’s belt upon his return, but that opportunity went to the dumpster last night.
– Samoa Joe continues to be TV Champion and it’s the best thing that could happen.
– Storm and Roode deserve a lot of credit for their match. Their feud was the spotlight of the company at one point that got shoved to the side. Lawal’s involvement in the match was minimal, which was key. There was more focus on him than there was on Storm and Roode. This was a match that felt worthy of Bound For Glory.
– The fact that Matt Morgan could be Joey Ryan’s new bodyguard is a decent idea, but hopefully, it’s not long-term. Morgan’s a good act on his own and what Ryan could truly gain from this remains to be seen.
– Did Chavo Guerrero Jr./Hernandez really need the Tag Team belts? That came out of left field. The duo of Kazarian/Christopher Daniel’s whole act revolved around the Titles. Without the belts, they’re just another heel team.
– Tara’s “Hollywood” Boyfriend turned out to be Jessie Godderz aka “Mr. Pectacular.” The live crowd seemed confused or didn’t recognize his fame from CBS’ “Big Brother.”
– Kudos to TNA on the Devon reveal. TNA purposely sent out false information that Devon was released by the company because they knew Wrestling news sites would pick it up. Say what you want, but TNA got you. Nobody could’ve guessed it would be Devon. Ray could still possibly join the group later on, but given his recent history with Devon, that doesn’t seem likely.
– Jeff Hardy as World Champion may not seem like the best direction to go in, but TNA needed to do this to make the Bound For Glory Series credible. The last Bound For Glory series winner before Hardy was Bobby Roode and he lost against Angle at last year’s show.
– Once TNA decided to go with Hardy as the BFG Series winner this year, this had to happen. Aries had a great run with the belt, but with the sudden ho-hum heel turn, perhaps the Belt would’ve done more harm if TNA wants to get him over as a top heel. Now that he’s lost it, he can become more whinier in his promos.
– TNA still has its problems, but maybe things can get back on track and if nothing else, the results of Bound For Glory allows that opportunity.
- TNA X-Division Championship – Rob Van Dam def. Zema Ion (Champion) via pinfall to become new Champion
- TNA Television Championship – Samoa Joe (Champion) def. Magnus via submission to retain
- Street Fight – King Mo As Special Guest Enforcer – James Storm def. Bobby Roode via pinfall
- If Joey Ryan Wins, He Receives A TNA Contract – Joey Ryan def. Al Snow via pinfall
- TNA World Tag Team Championships – Three-Way – Chavo Guerrero/Hernandez def. Bad Influence (Champions) and AJ Styles/Kurt Angle via pinfall to become new Champions
- TNA Knockouts Championship – Tara def. Miss Tessmacher (Champion) via pinfall to become new Champion
- If Aces & Eights Win, They Gain Full Access To Impact Zone – No Disqualification – D.O.C./Knux def. Bully Ray/Sting via pinfall
- TNA World Heavyweight Championship – Jeff Hardy def. Austin Aries (Champion) via pinfall to become new Champion
Posted on September 9, 2017, in Throwback PPVs, TNA and tagged AJ Styles, Al Snow, Austin Aries, Bad Influence, Bobby Roode, Bully Ray, Chavo Guerrero Jr., D.O.C., Devon, Hernandez, James Storm, Jeff Hardy, Jesse Godderz, Joey Ryan, Knux, Kurt Angle, Magnus, Matt Morgan, Miss Tessmacher, Rob Van Dam, Samoa Joe, Sting, Tara, Zema Ion. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.