Notes In Observance – ROH Wrestling 9/9/15: Championship Edition
By Nicholas Jason Lopez
“Notes In Observance” features random thoughts and analysis on recent television shows. Quick results can be found at the bottom of the post.
– Things started with a Truth Martini/Jay Lethal promo putting down Roderick Strong for needing a rematch and his time was up and Cheeseburger deserved a shot more. Strong’s response promo put over his wrestling ability and pride, saying he was that much better than Lethal. Liked this – gives it the big fight feel.
– The Tag Team Championship match between The Young Bucks and The Addiction had the story of seeing if The Bullet Club mates could dethrone the Champs and take on The Kingdom at All Star Extravaganza on 9/18, since they’d face the team who won. Things started right out of the gate when Bucks Superkicked the Champs after they were introduced. Also liked the early decision of taking Sabin out from ringside when he tried to get in on things. The match itself was fast-paced and didn’t miss a beat with some convincingly brutal-looking double-team maneuvers. The near-falls towards the end were top-notch. It actually appeared as if Young Bucks would become new Champions if the Referee didn’t get pulled out at the last second in a near-fall that had the crowd open-jawed. It made sense for The Kingdom to come get involved since they had beef with both teams and it all played into the finish which saw The Addiction come away lucky, because Kazarian pulled the tights. Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness came out and said it wasn’t going down like that, vying for Bucks to still get a Title shot. The eventual announcement of a three-way title match involving all three teams at ASE is quite logical given the circumstances.
– The ROH World Championship match between Lethal and Strong was the anticipated rematch and despite having lesser time to work with than the 60-minute draw at Death Before Dishonor XIII, it excelled in every fashion. The two have fantastic in-ring chemistry and they didn’t stop to pause at any moment, with entertaining back-and-forth action. Lethal using dirty tactics to win was telling, though Strong was also protected with the fantastic near-fall, the Title belt shot and two Lethal Injections. reDRagon stood on the ramp, prepared for facing Lethal at ASE – Kyle O’Reilly for the World Title and Bobby Fish for the TV Title. Great main event either way, with sensical hype for ASE. It’s shaping up to be a great card.
- ROH Tag Team Championships – The Addiction (Champions) def. The Young Bucks via pinfall to retain
- ROH World Championship – Jay Lethal (Champion) (w/The House Of Truth) def. Roderick Strong via pinfall to retain
Posted on September 12, 2015, in ROH and tagged Bobby Fish, Chris Sabin, Jay Lethal, Kevin Kelly, King Corino, Kyle O'Reilly, Nigel McGuinness, Roderick Strong, The Addiction, The Kingdom, The Young Bucks, Truth Martini. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.