Notes In Observance – ROH Wrestling 8/26/15: Tag Team Chaos
By Nicholas Jason Lopez
“Notes In Observance” features random thoughts and analysis on recent television shows. Quick results can be found at the bottom of the post.
Tag Team Chaos
– The Bloodbound Warriors-Briscoe Brothers match was an obvious squash from the differences of the entrances alone. BBW looked like a rip-off of The Ascension, who look like a rip-off of everybody else. Way too generic. The match was decent, though maybe a few minutes longer than needed. You never questioned the result, though BBW put in some dominating offense too. Post-match saw Adam Page come out with BJ Whitmer/Colby Corino, and ask what happened to his challenge. Jay told him he didn’t know who he even was and if he wanted a fight, they could do it now. Whitmer stopped it from happening, wanting to do it on his terms, proposing the match for next week. Got something for next week already. Nice.
– The Donovan Dijak-Roderick Strong match was a build to the rematch between Strong and Jay Lethal on 9/18. It allowed two things: Strong to show off his resilience against the taller Dijak, who also was on a mission to “destroy Strong.” What we got was a good clash with some convincing near-falls in both ways down the stretch. Ultimately, Strong came out victorious and kept his momentum on a roll. At the same time, Lethal got some heat by leading a four-on-one attack on Strong, despite some fight. War Machine making the save was decent, with Hanson and Lethal also in a mini-feud since he’s chasing the Television Title.
– The Tag Team Championship match between FutureShock and The Addiction featured Chris Sabin on commentary, who voiced his commitment to keeping the belts on his boys and that he didn’t like The Young Bucks. The match itself received plenty of time and was well-wrestled and competitive, but you couldn’t buy into the idea too much that FutureShock could be new Champions, even though the hype for the idea of it happening was often played up. Liked the finish of The Kingdom coming down to get involved, distracting the referee and Maria Kanellis actually holding on to Kyle O’Reilly on the apron. This set up a way to get Adam Cole too distracted, chasing his former mates, leaving O’Reilly prey to The Addiction’s finisher. Smart. Post-match saw Bobby Fish come make the save once Sabin joined in a heel beatdown, followed by Young Bucks attacking The Addiction and then Kingdom coming back for more. Solid “chaotic” end to put over the tag team competition. Another solid quick hour, though ultimately nothing “must-see.”
- The Briscoe Brothers def. The Bloodbound Warriors via pinfall
- Roderick Strong def. Donovan Dijak (w/Truth Martini, J. Diesel) via pinfall
- Tag Team Championships – The Addiction def. FutureShock via pinfall to retain
Posted on August 28, 2015, in ROH and tagged Adam Page, BJ Whitmer, Chris Sabin, Colby Corino, Donovan Dijak, FutureShock, J. Diesel, Jay Briscoe, Jay Lethal, Kevin Kelly, King Corino, Maria Kaneliis, Matt Taven, Michael Bennett, Roderick Strong, The Addiction, The Bloodbound Warriors, The Briscoe Brothers, The House Of Truth, The Kingdom, The Young Bucks, Truth Martini, War Machine. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.