Notes In Observance – PWS Wrestling 4/12/15: The Syndicated Bunch
The Syndicated Bunch
– Kevin Matthews’ promo on Fallah Bahh brought the right amount of intensity as he sold his credibility as the “guy who ended Title reigns,” an important factor to push headed into this big match.
– Fallah Bahh is a beast of a Champion. Why the constant bathroom humor? Sort of dampens the effect of his “beast” portrayal. Is it to remind us he is a human being who moves his bowels? Perhaps… perhaps. Either way, once we moved past the stall antics, “Shining” Edward Jackson brought it home with another impressive promo, selling his client’s undefeated singles competition record and overall brutality.
– The Suicidal Six-Way Title match with The Amazing Red (Champion), Brian XL, The Drunken Swashbuckler, Bobby Wayward, The Abominable CPA and Darewolf PJ Black was yet another entertaining clash of flashy gimmicks we’ve come to know and love from the Suicidal Six-Way Title bouts. The main focus here – besides the impressive debut of Black – former Justin Gabriel – was the emergence of Wayward in the match. He was the star heel throughout and it was great to see the Belt be passed along to him, especially by way of submission. Lots of crowd-awing spots here in true “car-crash” style fashion.
– Bonesaw’s character appears to be in a “shakeup,” with trimmed facial hair and shortened hair, using it to put himself over as a “lone wolf” of sorts and made it clear his focus was only on the World Heavyweight Championship, eager to shut up his detractors. We like it. He needs a big moment and at the least, changing his look is the right mindset.
– Finally – a new Monster’s Island vignette, keeping the same horror-spiced flavor and showed highlights of their attack on Jay Enterprise. Good stuff.
– The PWS World Heavyweight Championship match between Matthews and Bahh (w/Jackson) was a solid match with a good dynamic of muscles/brains (Matthews) vs. all-out domination/brutality (Bahh). Jackson provided support many times, helping Bahh out, while Matthews came close several times to overcome that. He was given the out to lose when attacked by that mystery motorcycle helmet man, a lot like the way Edge did it on One Night Stand 2006. Also liked that there was no reveal afterwards, as it was all kept a mystery. The obvious choice might be Brian Myers, but who knows for sure?
– The Dan Maff-Mario Bokara segment was an interesting clash – as both guys put over their respect and the power of the On-The-Spot Title Shot Medallion, setting up hype for whenever Maff cashes in, as he is the current man of opportunity. The abrupt ending was a little confusing, but that was probably by design.
– Another solid Myers promo, as he talked about his TV Title Tournament progress and ripped his upcoming opponent in TDS.
– The latest Habib From The Car Wash vignette summed up his journey back to America by boldly showing flashbacks to his happier times. Nice video effects.
– PWS continues its string of brilliant pop culture references – this time in the form of a “Syndicated Bunch” vignette, where the nod was obvious. Wayward bragged about his Title win, Bokara called out Bahh, The Aesthetic Enterprise bickered amongst themselves as Beefcake Charlie was sent on a mission to fetch two more partners to face Monster’s Island, CPA questioned his lack of luck and tax season stress, The Strangler made faces and noises, Bonesaw brilliantly and silently held a “#StillNotReady” sign, Big Deal Craig Steele bought “TV Time” for Nikos Rikos, who continued to put over his Greek homeland, and Steele revealed his injuries, allowing for Sandy Mann to stand up as the guy to take on Chris Payne in their next match. All this on one platform. Literally. Quite entertaining.
– Suicidal Six-Way Title Match – Bobby Wayward def. The Amazing Red (Champion), Brian XL, Darewolf PJ Black, The Drunken Swashbuckler and The Abominable CPA via submission to become new Champion
– PWS World Heavyweight Championship – Fallah Bahh (Champion) (w/”Shining” Edward Jackson) def. Kevin Matthews via pinfall to retain
Posted on April 13, 2015, in PWS and tagged "Shining" Edward Jackson, Big Deal Craig Steele, Bobby Wayward, Bonesaw, Brian Myers, Brian XL, Dan Maff, Darewolf PJ Black, Dave D-Struction, David Adams, Fallah Bahh, Habib From The Car Wash, Kevin Matthews, Mario Bokara, Monster's Island, Nikos Rikos, Pat Buck, Sam Roberts, Sandy Mann, The Abominable CPA, The Aesthetic Enterprise, The Amazing Red, The Drunken Swashbuckler, The Strangler. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.