Notes In Observance – Lucha Underground 1/21/15: Right In The Eye
Right In The Eye
– Matt Striker and Vampiro seemed to be on their game on this episode, with exceptional commentary work. These two just gel and constantly push the product. All you can ask for. They solidly hyped the Last Luchador Standing match between Drago and King Cuerno.
– Cortez Castro/Mr. Cisco (w/Bael) took on Pimpinela Escarlata and Mascarita Sagrada in a match that showed off Pimparnela’s sleekest assets, among other things. Some imaginative spots here, but decent action overall, with Castro/Cisco going over. Big Ryck, who observed the match from the crowd, put out a fierce promo that declared his quest for the Big Gold no matter who held it. His disrespect towards Castro, Cisco and Bael prompted them to attack him unexpectedly and silence him, as Cisco put out Ryck’s Dutch cigar on his eye. He kind of had it coming to him, but it was still shock-worthy and as we would find out later, put out by Dario Cuerto, who paid them all in his office.
– Vampiro’s interview with Cage set him out to be someone who was there for the Title, no matter what anyone thought of him or the “heat” he had backstage. Vampiro was a great interviewer here, clearly no pushover. Cage has good mic skills too. He’s definitely got the muscles too. He can go far.
– The Super Fly-Pentagon Jr. Match was all about Pentagon trying to break out since he was eliminated by Chavo Guerrero Jr. in Aztec Warfare. The loudest chop in history may had happened here by Pentagon on Super Fly. Pentagon won with a brutal-looking small package piledriver. He cut a promo on Chavo about being betrayed by him and having someone willing to join him, which provided a hook for viewers.
– The Sexy Star-El Mariachi Loco match was entertaining, but not just for the mere fact it was an intergender match. Star had a good showing and Mariachi Loco held his own with no regard, chopping her at one point. Star won the match with no harm or foul.
– The Last Luchador Standing match between Cuerno and Drago was expectedly a great way to end a blood feud, as they tore each other apart to get to a 10 count. Or so it seemed. Cuerno used his brains to beat Drago by using a rope to tie him to the ring multiple times. Cuerno put the deer’s head on Drago to add insult to injury. Kind of a disappointing finish, but the action was good.
– Cortez Castro/Mr. Cisco (w/Bael) def. Pimparnela Escarlata/Mascarita Sagrada via pinfall
– Pentagon Jr. def. Super Fly via pinfall
– Sexy Star def. El Mariachi Loco via pinfall
– Last Luchador Standing – King Cuerno def. Drago
Posted on January 22, 2015, in Lucha Underground and tagged Bael, Big Ryck, Cage, Cortez Castro, Dario Cuerto, Drago, El Mariachi Loco, King Cuerno, Mascarita Sagrada, Matt Striker, Mr. Cisco, Pentagon Jr., Pimparnela Escarlata, Sexy Star, Super Fly, Vampiro. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.