Notes In Observance – PWS On WLNY 1/11/15: Can’t Beat The Boricua Beast
Can’t Beat The Boricua Beast
– David Adams led off the show again as he hyped up the matches for the show and how to bring PWS to your hometown.
– The bathroom segment with Adams, Fallah Bahh and “Shining” Edward Jackson seemed unorthodox with obvious bathroom humor, but Jackson put over Homicide and set up the match well. That aside though, it’s still a little hard to take a top heel like Bahh seriously when it almost looked like he might miss his match because of being stuck on the toilet bowl.
– The Bahh-Homicide match almost had a “Hogan-Andre” aspect to it, but a little less polished. It had just enough time, but the finish was still rather anticlimactic, as Bahh sat on Homicide. The celebration with The Heavenly Bodies was also fitting to show the whole faction was in fact, in power,
– The vignette with PWS World Champion Mario “The Croatian Sensation” Bokara was straightforward in showing his style of training, rather dominant. Being the company’s champion, this was necessary, though since he was the Champion, maybe a buffer match would have sufficed.
– The flying four corners match between Matt Macintosh, Shynron, Anthony Nese and Amazing Red was energetic, as all four competitors brought something different to the match. Anybody could have actually won this, but Macintosh appeared to be the one on the verge of a push, as he pinned Shynron to win after Shynron delivered a crazy Van Terminator diagonally across the ring.
– A vignette played with cowboys in it shooting people dead. Oh, it was those scary guys from last week. The child said, “It’s only a dream!” again and the guys were introduced as Monster’s Island.
– Damian “The Prince Of Aesthetics” Gibbs cut a generic heel promo on Balls Mahoney.
– Mahoney and Gibbs came out brawling, and then Beefcake Charlie came out to assist Gibbs. Jay “Top Dollar” Enterprise – publicist of The Aesthetic Enterprise, came out to help them too. Gibbs had scissors and cut off Mahoney’s ponytail and shaved him with clippers. Monster’s Island made their first in-ring appearance and dominated everybody. Good way to introduce them, though they still came off as The Wyatt Family: Circus Edition.
– The Dan Maff-Eddie Kingston match was a back and forth match, the announcers put over Maff as a tough guy and a beast and Kingston as well. Evenly matched as it gets, it could have gone either way. Both did their finishers and it took several times for Maff to eventually came out the win. Strong match here.
– The Kevin Matthews/Lance Hoyt-Brian Myers/Gabe Tuft match was all about revenge for Matthews, who cut a promo at the top of the ramp and said he talked to the company owner and made the match No DQ and introduced Hoyt in a Mike Myers mask, who was behind Tuft/Myers in the ring and attacked before revealing himself. The action went up to the ramp as well. Matthews gave Myers a pile driver on a standing chair at one point. Myers/Tuft stole the pin and came out with the win. Decent match.
– Next week, Adams hyped the appearance of Zach Gowen/Gregory Iron – “The Handicapped Heroes,” a “Gold Rush” Number One Contender Ladder match between Starman and Bonesaw and a Suicidal Six Way with Habib From The Car Wash, The Amazing Red, Matt Macintosh, Brian XL, Lifeguard and Shynron. The PWS belt would also be defended as Bokara takes on Colt Cabana.
– Fallah Bahh (w/”Shining’ Edward Jackson) def. Homicide via pinfall
– Flying Four Corners Match – “Bad Apple” Matt Macintosh def. Shynron, Anthony Nese, Amazing Red via pinfall
– Dan Maff def. Eddie Kingston via pinfall
– Brian Myers/Gabe Tuft def. Kevin Matthews/Lance Hoyt via pinfall
Posted on January 13, 2015, in PWS and tagged "Shining" Edward Jackson, Anthony Nese, Balls Mahoney, Brian Myers, Damian Gibbs, Dan Maff, David Adams, Eddie Kingston, Fallah Bahh, Gabe Tuft, Homicide, Jay Enterprise, Kevin Matthews, Lance Hoyt, Mario Bokara, Matt Macintosh, Monster's Island, Shynron, The Amazing Red, The Heavenly Bodies. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.